happy holidays

On 12/27/2010
Just wanted to say hope you all had a great Christmas, and for those who don't celebrate it hope you had an awesome normal night where everybody else is hyped up.
Anyway, not exactly relevant but I thought I'd share something personal that I've never posted before.. here's a poem I wrote in Summer 2010.

Bet you didn't realize it's been more than a hundred days

I didn't know what I wanted and I lost faith,

I took the easy route out to get away,

I let go of what we had and began to stray.


Nobody to blame but myself for my mistakes,

I finally found somebody real out of all the fakes,

I threw it down the drain when the coming got rough,

I opted for the easiest solutions when things got tough.


There's times when I tell myself I don't deserve,

and even if I did I'd never have the nerve,

to come back to you and let you know what I've realized,

after putting you through such unnecessary demise


But I guess as the hours turned to days and days to weeks,

I remained single as I strolled into boutiques,

No one to show things to when I discovered something neat,

No one to impress when I bought new boots for my feet.


So after all that's said and done,

I would never ask you to come for a second run,

but I guess I grew some grit since I'm here to say,

I'm sorry and I've been missing you each day.


© Sally Chau-li

2 Responses to 'happy holidays'

  1. Anonymous said...
    http://sallychauli.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-holidays.html?showComment=1321842654422#c3280678420338076208'> November 20, 2011 at 9:30 PM

    Hey, I used to think you're shallow and a snob & spend waaay to much on material things...and I'm sorry, I don't anymore, with time I guess I've changed and so have you, and I actually love your photographs, and style, I wish I had the balls to wear outfits as nice as you out in public, I don't know why I'm too shy to. But this poem really touched me because I can truly relate. It even made me emotional, and even have a tear at the end. I'm going through the roughest time I have ever been through in my life, and I just wish I could turn back time and not make such stupid mistakes. But I guess you know, that's not possible... Your poem just made me sorry again, and I wanted to tell you its beautiful and that it made me feel less lonely. Thanks for being able to capture feelings.

     

  2. Sally Chau-li said...
    http://sallychauli.blogspot.com/2010/12/happy-holidays.html?showComment=1321953473328#c552204151899991342'> November 22, 2011 at 4:17 AM

    I'm so happy that you had time to read my poem. I know that I often come off as someone who only cares about clothes, and little people try to get to know the real me.. but I'm so grateful that you have, and I just really want to tell you that the person I wrote this poem about a year ago is back in my life now, so miracles exist, you just have to make them happen. Don't be afraid to try. I wish I knew who you were so I can tell you these things, but I guess I can't, I just hope you will read this and not give up trying for whatever it is that you want.

     

Post a Comment

Sally Chau-Li
Toronto, 22
sallychauli@gmail.com

lookbook

hits

free counter

archive